Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rest

Tired

Here is one of my all time favorite people...my little man Alex. There is something so healing about sleep and sweet rest. I can't think of the reference but I love the idea that even while we slumber, God is working and moving in our hearts and minds. Drew says he loves watching me sleep...says it's the time I look the most peaceful...as if the rest of my world...my anxiety just doesn't exist. Pedro the Lion's Lullaby has been running through my mind all day...

The sun shines
And leaves blow
And my hope like autumn is turning brown
I know it seems like I'm always falling down
But it does not matter to me
Although it seems like it should
It's because I know I'm understood when I hear Him say
Rest in me little David
And dry all your tears
You can lay down your armor
And have no fear
Cause I'm always here
When you're tired of running
And I'm all the strength that you need

what comforts my soul...your soul...what does it mean to really rest...to really listen...where is my rest and my peace when I am wide awake...

No comments: